Applications require a resume and cover letter in order to be considered.
LifeRaft (Social Navigator Inc.) is a company based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia, that provides a SaaS-based threat intelligence platform to security and business risk teams in the corporate/commercial sector. Our platform, Navigator, is intelligently designed to identify, track, and investigate issues related to fraud, protective intelligence, threat mitigation, corporate espionage, counterfeit identification, and asset and infrastructure management.
Navigator is used worldwide by Fortune 100 companies, global organizations, and investigative firms. Our team is constantly innovating and developing the platform to anticipate and respond to the evolving needs of our customers, further bridging the gap between physical and digital security challenges.
We have filled the Executive Assistant position. The job description for this position was as follows:
Support our executive team and the company at large. You will manage a wide variety of mostly business-related tasks for the team such as creating reports, managing travel/accommodations, coordinating shipping logistics, and other administrative tasks.
To do this role properly you should have a detailed understanding of the full Microsoft Office and Google suites, be extremely fast at problem-solving, and have experience as an executive or administrative assistant in the past.
What you’ll do when you get the job (Responsibilities):
- Liaising with our corporate travel agency to make arrangements for all company travel
- Preparing reports, memos, invoice letters, and other administrative documents
- Preparing, managing, and reconciling executive’s expense reports and internal purchase requisition requests
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports
- Prepare documents for review and presentation by Board of Directors, committees, and executives
- Completing and managing grants, business development programs, and funding opportunities (e.g. nsbi, ACOA)
- Help prepare materials and logistics for meetings and business trips
- Accurately recording minutes from meetings when requested
- Utilizing various software, including MS Office suite, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software
- Performing office duties that include ordering supplies and managing an inventory database
- Opening, sorting, and distributing incoming faxes, emails, and other correspondence
- Provide general administrative support
What you need to get the job (Requirements):
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience
- Strong critical thinking skills
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office Suite and Google-Suite
- Experience preparing expense reports
- High School Diploma
- Ability to organize a daily workload and manage moving priorities
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership over tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive attitude and a sense of humour along with it
- No fear of dogs (semi-mandatory)
- Board games you don’t mind occasionally sharing with the team
- Willingness to pitch in and wear different hats occasionally (figuratively, not literally)
- At least one great recipe you will bring to an office potluck
Job Type: Full-time
View our other job opportunities