LifeRaft is looking to fill the Software Development Team Lead position, reporting to the VP, Engineering.
Based out of Nova Scotia, Canada, LifeRaft was incorporated in 2014 with a clear objective to advance corporate security. We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit and determination to help solve new challenges developed by the complexities of open source data.
Our SaaS-based threat intelligence platform, called Navigator, is designed to identify, track, and validate issues from open source channels (surface, deep web, and darknet) related to executive safety, fraud prevention, and asset & infrastructure protection.
The Software Development Team Lead is responsible for leading a team of 3 to 5 developers + QA. The team lead is responsible for coordinating the work, facilitating collaboration, coaching, and being a technical reference for others. We look for proactive individuals that will take ownership and contribute with ideas to the product roadmap to build a world class platform.
About the role
- Coordinate the work assigned to your team for each sprint (remove roadblocks)
- Coordinate the resolution of production issues
- Coach existing and new team members (onboarding and training)
- Perform code reviews and peer programming when necessary
- Be an advocate for your team to upper management and other areas of the company
- Take ownership of your team and work on continuous improvement, ensuring the team remains engaged
- Assisting management with performance reviews of your team members
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience building web applications
- Proven experience as a team lead
- Vast experience with PHP/Laravel or NodeJS
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL experience is preferred)
- We will value experience working with Google Maps API, Python and Elastic Search
Working With Us
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, with optional office availability
- Free office parking (office in Bayer’s Lake)
LifeRaft values inclusion and diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, or any other protected characteristic.