Thank you for your interest in LifeRaft. This position has been filled. Please view our other job opportunities here.
LifeRaft (Social Navigator Inc.) is a company based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia, that provides a SaaS-based threat intelligence platform to security and business risk teams in the corporate/commercial sector.
We are seeking a senior manager with a background in DevOps and infrastructure to lead our growing DevOps team. As the Manager, Engineer Operations, you will be managing a team and designing systems to ensure the stability, scalability and performance of flagship software – Navigator.
We are looking for proactive individuals that will take ownership of their work, proactively overcome roadblocks while contributing to a world-class platform.
If you want to work with a dynamic, fast-growing team with an innovative spirit and a determination to help solve new challenges developed by the complexities of open source data – this could be the opportunity for you.
Responsibilities / What you’ll be doing
As a hands-on leader, you will oversee the DevOps team (current 2 direct reports), defining the strategy and managing the accomplishment of the following objectives:
- Ensuring optimal uptime, performance, scalability and operational cost of our cloud platform and SaaS based product. You will make daily and weekly operational decisions with the goal of improving uptime while reducing cost.
- You will ensure effective monitoring of key system metrics, perform capacity planning to keep systems running efficiently and have a response plan in place for incidents.
- You will drive improvements by being familiar with the latest emerging trends in the cloud and SaaS technologies. All your decisions will be focused on providing the best in class service to the users of our SaaS products.
- Log aggregation/monitoring and observability infrastructure.
- Monitoring of key system metrics and external dependencies such as 3rd party vendor APIs
- Coordinate response to production incidents; receiving on-call notifications of service distributions and coordinating with development teams to resolve outages.
- Maintain service level objectives.
- Maintaining and testing our Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans.
- Overall security of the system (networking, firewall, credentials)
- Change management, dependency management, repository management and deployment including pipelines / integration.
Qualifications / What we’re looking for
You would be a great fit for this opportunity if you have background in Site Reliability engineering or DevOps and are adept at managing a team, in addition to the following criteria:
- A track record of leading projects and driving new initiatives forward, in addition to developing and mentoring other team members
- In-depth knowledge and 5+ years of experience with Linux, networking, firewalls, VPNs
- 3+ years of experience in managing the infrastructure of large-scale SaaS applications in one of the major cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Experience in leading the automation of operations and cloud system monitoring
- Familiarity with the tools of the trade : experience of code review systems, issue tracking tools, build tools, test frameworks, code quality tools, CI systems, and IDEs
- Experience with Docker/containerization of apps
What’s in it for you
Impact: Navigator advances corporate security and is designed to identify, track, and validate issues from open source channels (surface, deep web, and darknet) related to executive safety, fraud prevention, and & infrastructure protection.
Flexibility: The LifeRaft team has employees working across Canada and around the world from the comfort of their own home. That being said, you are also welcome to work from the Halifax office, with the rest of the team… and their office dogs!
Perks: Our client offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a fun & informal office culture, free parking and above-average office-supplied coffee.
Challenge: Your work is solving real-world problems, and is bridging the gap between physical and digital security challenges.
- Office dogs (when we aren’t working remotely)
- Flexible hours
- Partial phone plan coverage
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Great office parties
- Hilarious co-workers
- Diversity & inclusion committee!
LifeRaft values inclusion and diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, or any other protected characteristic.